In keeping with the Western Tradition, B.O.T.A. uses modern methods wherever they are superior to older ones. Therefore, in the work of its outer school, B.O.T.A. has adopted the method of teaching by correspondence. This permits members to study in their spare time. All of the exercises suggested in the correspondence lessons are done in private and then silently applied to daily life. This form of instruction is highly suitable. As little as fifteen minutes a day will provide worthwhile results.
Privileges and Terms of Membership
- Application for active membership in BOTA may be made by any man or woman who is sincerely interested in its teachings.
- When an application has been accepted and enrolment as an Associate Member made, you will receive by mail printed lessons covering the various subjects of the curriculum.
- Members may avail themselves and their families of the meditative healing work regularly conducted in the Temple. This subtle healing work is intended to complement, not replace, the methods and work of the medical fraternity.
- Your privacy is strictly preserved and your name will never be given to another without your permission.
- Sincere members who so desire may share in the initiatory, ceremonial and ritualistic work of BOTA as they become suitably prepared for this privilege.
- It should be understood that these privileges range from the public presentation of the teachings to the deeper inner practices and teachings. The privileges cannot be purchased. Membership itself is a privilege for it means being linked to a body of dedicated people who are as much concerned with the alleviation of human suffering as they are with their responsibility to develop their own spiritual fitness.
- Such membership naturally entails responsibility for the support of the work. BOTA is strictly a non-profit organisation. Its custodians serve without remuneration, for the sake of the work and the privilege of extending these remarkable and important teachings to a world which so sorely needs them. Dues are, therefore, only such as will meet the actual operating costs of servicing the work.
How to Apply for Membership
Before making any decision about applying for membership, you should seriously consider the statements made in this web site. B.O.T.A never urges anyone to become a member. It is a step you must take for yourself without coaxing or persuasion. When you do take it you will receive a hearty welcome and co-operation from many sources now hidden from you.
In line with other accredited institutions of higher learning, we do not use the usual high-pressure inducements in presenting our teachings. Our obligations prohibit this. We merely announce that there is available to the sincere aspirant a method of Spiritual unfoldment which has been tested and tried for unnumbered centuries and that we are a direct inheritor of the line of Mystery Schools which comes down to us from antiquity.
Sometimes prospective members are undecided about affiliating with an organisation such as BOTA because they are not sure that they are ready and able to take such an important step. Should such thoughts enter your mind, know that a fundamental principle of occultism tells us that: "When the student is ready the teacher will appear". This principle may be stated in two other ways, namely "When the teacher appears, the student is ready"; and "Until the student is ready, no opportunity to receive instruction in the Ageless Wisdom will present itself". From this, one is justified in assuming that, since the opportunity is here, this fact is sufficient evidence of readiness to proceed with the work, so that this factor should not stand in the way of your decision.
It should be pointed out what other members have discovered: that once you have glimpsed the glorious possibilities of this adventure, you will find it impossible to turn back. The world and life itself take on new meanings which completely and permanently displace the old ones. Old fears, failures and frustrations vanish and are replaced by new courage, excitement, success, a fresh and enthusiastic approach to life and its problems, and a deep-seated sense of wellbeing founded on knowledge of the ever dynamic and beneficent source of life.
Membership dues for New Zealand members is NZ $10 per month, two people in the same household can join for a total of; NZ $10.50 per month, you will receive one set of lessons.
Membership dues for Australia and overseas members is NZ $12 per month, two people in the same household can join for a total of $12.50 per month, you will receive one set of lessons. (The additional cost covers postage outside of New Zealand).
In order to join BOTA and start receiving lessons you will need to perform a one time registration. To register and make your initial dues payment please go to Membership Enrollment.
Current Members Paying Dues
For current members wanting to renew their membership or make a donation to the Order please logon to your account.
Please contact us at the following address for any queries related to membership: botaAdm@xtra.co.nz.
May you walk through the Path of the Great
Adventure in the sure knowledge that the Holy
Guardian Angel lights the way before you. And
may you abide under the shadow of His wings
Whose name is Peace.